The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year 2009

Paul and I spent the New Year in Nashville. I guess it was our way of doing a little something together to hopefully end 2008 in a wonderful way. And get ready for the year that, unless everything goes wrong, and I'm praying that it won't, we are new and proud parents to our daughter. We had a great time out and about. We met a sweet couple from New York, and spent the evening talking about our adoption. It was very nice because Marissa, the girl we met was adopted and she was very inspiring to us. She told us that she has her birth mothers name but has never searched for her. She told me that she didn't have any desire, she is happy with her life and feels like she doesn't need to know. I felt like God was telling me to take it easy, relax and embrace the fact that there are happy endings. I think that every parent that adopts, domestic or international, feels unsure and scared, that their child may want to find their birth parents. How will that affect the child. I would probably encourage it if it were possible, but I don't think that our daughter would be successful in that search. That is what scares me. That she would always wonder. So to say the least, Marissa touched me and somehow a complete stranger that we spent New Years Eve with changed some of my strongest fears, to just maybe our daughter will get past those wonders. God is with me all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment