The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Monday, November 16, 2009

Amelia was Baptized on November 15, 2009
















We are proud to tell everyone that Millie got baptized on November 15, 2009. She is apart of the Catholic community now. Millie had a very active Baptism that was a private ceremony at the Cathedral of the Assumption. Millie's uncle Joe's Dad Pat Wright took time out of his busy day to baptize Millie. We are so happy that he was the one that preformed the sacrament. Mr. Wright has been really special to us in our journey to becoming parents to Millie and has spent a great deal of his time teaching us about our faith in some very dark days. He came up to the hospital almost everyday for 3 weeks when I was pregnant in the hospital with the twins. He baptized our babies, Lucy and Ellie before they died, He buried them for us with a beautiful service. And now he has helped us again. He has seen some of our most difficult times in our lives, and I'm so glad that he and all of us there has gotten to watch some of the precious times happen to Millie. Millie did put on quite a show, but what is new.






Her Godmothers are my sisters Karen and Jill. And we choose them because of the impact that they have had on our and Millie's life. When we were in China and weren't sure if we were going to come home early or not, need I say more about that terrible time, they were the one's that I called and leaned on. They talked me through some very tough times and said things to me that only sister's say and get away with. That is what sister's are for. Thankyou and I love you both for helping my dreams come true.

2 comments:

  1. Amelia,
    You look absolutely beautiful in your baptism dress. Just like an angel. Can't wait to see you again and hold you in my arms again. I still have a hard time looking at your pictures and not shedding a tear because we waited a long time to meet you and welcome you into our crazy world.
    Love you,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amelia,

    Welcome to the Catholic faith. I hope you find comfort in knowing that God has a hand in everything you do and will be there for you in the times that you need him. I know your mom has leaned on him through some tough times and he carried her through right to you.
    We love you and I will be there for you too.
    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete