The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

All about Amelia!!
















So this is it. This is what being a stay home Mommy gets. Millie has been my world and now I have to go back to having distractions from all of the following. Millie is now climbing and screaming. She is trying to read me books cover to cover. She is saying all kinds of words, not really putting them into sentences. Sometimes, well most of the time I can't really understand them. But she does have quite a vocabulary. She is starting to make animal sounds from her puzzles and us reading the "What do you say?" book, about 15 times a day. She is hugging us and giving out kisses on a regular bases. She gets so excited to see her Daddy come home from work and doesn't skip the opportunity to make his day a little sweeter with all of the love she gives to him. Millie is trying to say I love you when I say it to her, but also when she hugs me without me saying it first, which is so so sweet. She has learned to climb up her ladder to the slide that we put in the basement. She can climb stairs and go down as long as I make her turn around. The child has no fear and wants to go down the same way I do. I really haven't found anything that she is afraid of, maybe the dogs when they bark, it scares her more than anything. She is starting to learn the meaning of the word no, but we are still working on that. We have come so far with Millie getting to know this world and I'm so glad the way things have worked out with me being off school for the last 5 months. I've been able to see Millie take her first steps and wake up and fall to sleep for her naps. I have been able to watch her grow into the little girl she is today. I feel that it's just now that she is starting to learn how to do things outside of everyday walking and playing. We have been finger painting and coloring. She has been trying to help me clean the house. I'm going to miss her so much that it makes my heart hurt thinking about it.





I have to tell all that reads our blog, Amelia has been home with us, "her forever family" longer than the time she was in foster care!!! She was in foster care for 8 months and 2 weeks before she came into our lives and stole our hearts. She has been home with us 8 months 2 weeks and 4 days. It's very hard to believe that I wasn't the Mommy taking care of her, and very hard to talk about, but I'm so happy that I'm her Mommy now. It's seems like she has always been with us, and I guess she has in our hearts, growing with love everyday for 3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment