The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Millie


Happy Daddy Day!!!!
We have had a busy couple of weeks. I have been down for medical reasons. Paul has been sick. It's just been one thing after another. But one thing that has kept this crazy world from getting to me is Millie. She is the sunshine in my day. The fresh breath in the mornings. The first and last thing I see everyday. What a wonderful change my life has taken. I have to keep up with posting for Millie. I don't want her to miss all of these first that we have had with her. She is saying bye bye, and waving. She has been trying to feed herself. She is drinking from a sippy cup, with and without my help. She is saying ma ma all the time. I didn't think that I could tear up and even cry more than when we were on the waiting list for our daughter. I was wrong. I cry almost everyday, just out of joy, not sadness. I can't remember my life before her. I remember people who had adopted that I knew saying to me, when you meet your daughter the wait will be worth the wait. They were telling me that straight from the heart. If I was younger I would have waited twice as long for her. I'm glad I didn't have to, but I would have if I knew how this was going to feel. I missed father's day on the blog, but Millie didn't. She was able to spend all day with her daddy. He wasn't feeling well but she made him smile all day long. Happy father's day to the best daddy in the world. He is the strongest man I have ever known. We all know what he has done for Millie and her mommy. We are a family because of him.


Here are some new pictures of Millie. She is getting ready to start Day Care Monday, because mommy is going back to school. Keep both of us in your prayers. It is going to be rough.

3 comments:

  1. FINALLY, a new post and pictures!!
    So glad to see all of you the other day. Avery wants Millie (her real Baby Alive) to come stay with us.
    Tell Paul to get better soon!
    Sandy, call me anytime on Monday for emotional support because you are gonna need it! Millie will have a blast there, I promise.
    Love you guys!
    Tracy and Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Millie,

    It has been so amazing getting to know you over the last month, you are a very special part of our family now and you hold a huge spot in my heart. Life is gonna change on you when mom starts back to school but trust me you want her to do this, she needs to do this. She will be able to shop more for you after she finishes school because she will make more money and though that may not be important to you now IT WILL BE in the future. You can call me to pick you up when you just want to hang out with me and the boys, I will be there in a flash.
    Sandy and Paul, you guys are doing an amazing job, keep up the good work.

    Love ya
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm a stranger, but as a momma to another Tonggu girl (who is now 5), I just had to pop in with a comment and say that your Millie is beautiful. Congratulations on your recent homecoming!

    ReplyDelete