The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Monday, April 27, 2009

It's almost here!!!

We are putting the finishing touches on all of our luggage. I have managed to fit all of my clothes in a carry on piece of luggage. It's amazing how I have packed for 2 weeks in a carry on suite case. Lily has the biggest piece and it is full. Paul is dragging his feet on his packing, but seems to think that he will get it done tomorrow. I'm going crazy thinking that I will forget something and he is just cruising alone in slow motion. So I have decided to just chill out and embrace the moment. I have found that I start to remember if I have forgot to pack something when I relax. But we are so excited about our trip now. I'm really not the traveling kind of girl, but this is so different. We are going to get our daughter. Paul and I are going to China, and we coming home with a baby girl that will one day call us Mommy and Daddy. I can't even grasp the words that would explain how my heart fills up with all of those emotions that every women has when she goes into labor. I think that I felt the first contraction on Friday and so if it continues until the May 3rd I think that I will have everyone beat on hours of labor. That's 9 days!!!! I can't eat or concentrate on anything. I guess I used to have school to get me through the long days, but I haven't been in school for the past week. The days are dragging, and the nights are sleepless, because I'm so excited. I hope to make one last post tomorrow, but if I don't we will post as soon as we get connected at the hotel. I also found out that at the White Swan hotel I get a Barbie doll holding a Asian baby for Lily. I think that's so sweet. Wishing everyone who is reading a safe Derby day, your going to have to do it without me this year.

7 comments:

  1. I wish i could fit in your suitcase too.
    I could not imagine what it's like for you guys, but all i know is you've waited long enough to meet your daughter.
    Have a safe journey.
    I love you guys!
    Love,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and Dad a few things you should do for me.
    1. Don't spoil me. I know quit well that I ought not have all that I ask for, I'm only testing you.

    2. Don't be afraid to be firm with me, I prefer it. It makes me feel more secure.

    3. Don't let me form bad habits, I have to rely on you to detect them in the early stages.

    4. Don't make me feel smaller than I am, It only makes me behave stupidly big.

    5. Don't correct me in front of people if you can help it.

    6. Don't make me feel that my mistakes are sins, it upsets my set of values.

    7. Don't be upset when I say "I hate you", it's not you I hate, but your power to hinder.

    8. Don't protect me from consequences, I need to learn the painful way sometimes.

    9. Don't nag, if you do I will need to protect myself by appearing deaf.

    10. Don't make rash promises, remember I feel badly let down when promises are broken.

    11. Don't tax my honesty too much, I am easily frightened into telling lies.

    12. Don't be inconsistent, that completely confuses me and makes me lose faith in you.

    13. Don't tell me my fears are silly, they are terribly real to me and you can do much to reassure me if you try to understand.

    14. Don't ever suggest that you are perfect or infallible. It gives me to great a shock when I discover that you are neither.

    15. Don't forget that I can't thrive without lots of love and understanding, but I don't need to tell you that, do I?

    Can't wait to meet you.
    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lily,
    We are so excited and can't wait to meet you. Lucky for you one doesn't get to choose their family. They are God's gift to you. We will keep you in our prayers and thoughts for your long journey home. That precious journey will be a start of wonderful things to come.
    Adam, Heather and OnNika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy

    This poem was written by a friend of a friend's adoptive daughter. Thought you might like how she feels for being adopted and loved.

    Take care and be careful!!

    Kita



    I Am a Chinese American



    Hand picked and hand delivered,

    I traveled to America by plane.

    I was only ten months old at the time,

    Gwo Hong Mei was no longer my name.



    When I left my birthplace as Madison Mei Gibson,

    I had unknowingly become an American by the Grace of God.

    Soon, I was greeted by my precious new family,

    I assume everything seemed terrifying and strangely odd.



    I know now that my mom was overcome with joy.

    She finally had an angel of her very own.

    I was the child she had always dreamed of having.

    Now, neither of us would have to ever be alone.



    I love God’s Plan for my new family,

    Because through the years I have been blessed.

    I could have remained a lonely orphan,

    I could have been unwanted, abused, or oppressed.



    I am truly thankful for my awesome Mother,

    She showers me with careful attention.

    She usually buys me what I want,

    And my spankings are too few to mention.



    She takes me to church every week,

    So that I can be saved one day.

    She wants us to be together in Heaven forever,

    And for me to follow Jesus all the way.



    I am thankful for Locust Grove Baptist Church;

    I have many loved ones there!

    Bro. David is the best preacher around!

    G.A.’s are enjoyment beyond compare!



    Finally, I’m thankful that I am a Chinese American,

    And for the Christian Culture in which I am being raised.

    I am thankful for the liberty and freedom that I have been given,

    And with all of God’s Interventions, I am enormously amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many beautiful thoughts to take with you both as you start your new life. We are so excited and cannot wait to meet the newest member of our family. Hard to believe we can all love someone we have not laid eyes on yet, but we do. Have a safe, happy and wonderful journey. We will be waiting for you to get home.

    Not sure who I will talk with and laugh with on the phone for two whole weeks!!!! Probably just a way to get me used to you being busy with the pitter patter of those little feet in your home.

    Love and kisses

    Karen, Joe, Max and Zach

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a safe journey to get your daughter. Her life is about to be blessed with two people who love her very much. We will be here waiting for updates. We are so excited for you! We cannot wait to meet our sweet and adorable Lily. Good luck on the adventure. We will see you when you get home!

    Love you bunches,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily Mom and Dad are on the way to get you,all of us here are waiting to see and hold you. Your life here is going to be joyous, there may be some bumps to jump over but remember there is always Grandma and Grandpa to welcome you with open arms and spoil you to no end. Sandy and Paul have safe trip and may God bless and protect you and Lily on your return trip. We will be waiting to greet you on the 13th. Love and Kisses Grandma and Grandpa Willett.

    ReplyDelete