The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Monday, April 20, 2009

Less than two weeks




Just thinking about how my life will be so sweet and full in less than two weeks. I'm counting down the days to Gotcha day. We are almost ready as far as Lily's room goes. When we get her room finished, I will feel so much better. I feel like my house is a mess, everything she has received is in the middle of the floor. Aunt Karen and Aunt Jill had a sweet luncheon for us yesterday, and Lily made out very well. I can't wait to put everything away. Thank you for your thoughtful gifts and for coming to share in our preparation for Lily. Now to the packing. That is a disaster. As I've said in the past, organization, planning ahead, thinking things through to the end, not one of my strongest qualities. So I have packed Lily's bag four times. I really don't know how it will all fit. I have went through the list and with the exception of a few extra outfits, because of the weather and not knowing her true size, I have packed lightly. If this is any indication of how my bag is going to be packed, I'm in serious trouble. But I will just layer myself in clothes for the plane ride if I have too. I will get through this, and everything will be fine. Just thought I would post a picture of the luncheon at Lynn's Paradise Cafe, which is my favorite place to eat.

1 comment:

  1. Lily, just a few more days now and you will be on your way to your forever home. A home that has a huge backyard for you to play in, a home that is full of toys and a room all your own, a home where your mom and dad have lived and dreamed of bringing home their child and a home that is bursting at the seams with love for you. Also waiting for you are friends and cousins and family, more people than you will ever know are waiting for your arrival. Get ready for a whole lotta love.

    See you in a few weeks.
    Love
    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete