The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lily

Today we went to Reese, your cousin's first Birthday party. Aunt Jill has been very worried about how hard it would be for your daddy and I to celebrate their daughters first birthday with her and not with you on your birthday. Aunt Jill has been so considerate with you and Reese being so close in age, and you not being here. We just tried to embrace the moment and wait for the day you will be home with us. We received gifts for you. How sweet to have family and friends think enough about us to get you a present. Grandma Willett gave us a bunch of clothes for you and a very nice card. Grandma is so full of excitement that she can hardly control herself. I can't wait till you meet her. She is a special lady with more energy than your mother and father put together. Your Aunt Jill's sister-in -law, Kim, who is a very sweet and thoughtful person gave us a magnet that will be soon filled with you picture, and put on our refrigerator. She didn't even know that our fridge is full of pictures of all the children that I love and adore, and now you have your own place, even on the fridge. We also went to dinner with friends of ours and talked about you all night. Adam and Heather have a little girl named Onnika that you will come to know that is one also. We just took turns talking about our daughter. It was so nice just to be able to say my daughter, and know what she looked like.

5 comments:

  1. You have been on my mind all day little girl! I am celebrating my daughter Reese's 1st birthday today. She had such a big time! She really wanted to be around her Mommy all day long- which makes it hard to host a party. But, I love every minute of it.
    You crossed my mind during her eating her first bites of cake and frosting and when we were opening her presents. I know your Mommy was thinking of you too. How could she not? Here we are celebrating a one year olds birthday and we know she would be wanting to celebrate your birthday with you. I felt sad for your Mommy today knowing this would be hard for her. But, as usual she was as strong as possible. Never let anyone else know what a hard day this is for her.

    We can't wait to celebrate with you in the future. We won't even mind sharing Reese's birthday with you- just as long as you are here!
    (when you get to know me you will know that birthdays are a huge deal for me) We miss you terribly and cannot wait for you to come home. You are loved every day and we can't wait to be able to love you in person. Blowing you Birthday kisses in the wind tonight.....
    sleep tight little one!

    Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought I would send you a note today. I spent a lot of time yesterday thinking about you and your first birthday. I am sure we will give you a birthday party to remember as every little girl should have, one with pink and cake and balloons and maybe a tiara? I think your cousin Reese would love to share some of the attention, she was not big on all the hugs and kisses everyone wanted to give her for her first birthday. We know she does not get this from her mom who loves birthday celebrations. Just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and sending you kisses.
    Love,
    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your mom outside today and she had to show me pictures of little Lily and I asked for your blog. I am Kristi Peterson, Jim and Carol's neighbor, and I have my own precious little one from China - Rachel. I am so excited for you and praise God for this answer to many prayers. Lily is really beautiful. And she is going to grow even more beautiful as she is surrounded by the love of your family! You all have a wonderful family to embrace this little one. We went to China almost 3 years ago and may have forgotten a lot, but if you have any questions, we would love to try to help out! I love to read blogs about China adoption, so I will be watching yours. I pray that the next month or so of waiting is a time of precious anticipation...not anxiety or impatience. That will be a gift from God after such a long wait! You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, Paul and sweet little Lily.
    She is just adorable!! Sandy and Paul, congratulations. I know you are just beside yourself right now with excitement. I can't wait to meet her in person, I know its going to feel like forever for the day to get here but it will be here before you know it!!
    Lily -- you are one lucky little girl. You are surrounded by a lot of love. Welcome to Kentucky.

    Love and Prayers!
    The Wright's
    John, Debbie, Dylan and Lexy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking at your picture over and over! I've just about wore it out. I thought about you alot on your birthday. We will make up for it on the next one! Whitney your cousin had her birthday on 3-8-09 she is 14. As you get older you will see how I'm not very good on the computer, cell phones and all these gadgets, but I wanted to write to you. With the help of your uncle Glen. You can help me when you get older. I'm sure things will get alot more complicated for me. My mom (Carol) planted two holly bushes today and guess what the name of them are? China Girl! There are so many things that happen to make us smile when we think of you. I went to see your aunt Barb (popaw Henry's sister)Sunday to let her see your picture she was so excited. There are so many people who love you and can't wait to meet you. You are an Angel from Heaven! We are so thankful for you! Love uncle Glen and aunt Laurie. P.S. Paul and Sandy, " Be strong and courageous". Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

    March 10, 2009 8:04 PM

    ReplyDelete