The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Nursery

After much deliberation and plenty of tears, Paul and I decided to go with lavender and cream in the baby's room. So I finally bought and painted her room today. And I can't wait to put a picture of it on this blog for everyone to see it. I have to say I picked a beautiful color for the room. It is darker than I expected but it looks beautiful. I hope that lily loves it. She will only know when she reads this and not before, that it has been one of the hardest decisions that I have made in awhile. I just want it to be perfect for her. Lily has had a hard year even if she doesn't know it, but I do. I want her to have a room, that she has all to her self and doesn't have to share with anyone else, to be a place that will change the way she wakes up every morning. I want the first thing she sees to be something that is calming and warm. I can only hope that she feels this way now, but who knows. Lily should get to sleep in a room that makes her feel like she's at home with Mommy and Daddy. Someplace that she never wants to leave. I think after she gets home it's our job as parents to make her feel loved, secure and safe, but who doesn't love to wake up in a beautiful room? So the next step is to get some furniture. To be continued.

2 comments:

  1. The colors will look great together. I can't wait to see a picture! Lily will love her room since it was made with love. I know this is very important to you, and she will appreciate all your time and effort. I know this is emotional for you.... hang in there.

    You guys need to try to enjoy this very special time of preparation for your baby girl. This is exciting! Enjoy every minute of this- you deserve it! Lily will be home before you know it. She will be sleeping in your house! Wow.... that will be amazing for both of you.

    Post photos of the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think whatever the colors are Lily will not feel anything but love and contentment in her house and her room. You sometimes make me think I make decisions to hastily, when I hear all the love and thought you put into making a decision that for some of us are just that, a decision. It sounds beautiful and will look beautiful too especially with all the love I am sure you are pouring into it. Lily we have said it before but you are really a lucky little girl. Hurry home to fill that room up with all kinds of girly things.

    Enjoy and take it all in, you, Paul and Lilys worlds are about to change....for the better!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete