The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Thursday, March 19, 2009

One week later!

I have been getting some e-mails requesting more posts while we wait. I've had midterms this week so it's been a bunch of studying and not much blogging. So just to update everyone, our acceptance of Lily and all of the other families that are in our group are back in China. We had until last Friday to turn them in, of course ours was received first by our agency. I don't know if it's the competitive side in me but I called to ask if anyone else beat us. My coordinator laughed at me and ask me if I was serious. Of course I was, but I just ask if we were the first to turn our confirmation of acceptance in. She assured me that no one else turned theirs in less than one week of receiving it. So we came in first. We were so fortunate to have Burt's dad look at the medical information so quickly, and we didn't have to wait for his report. So the clock is ticking for our travel arrangements. I have been shopping for furniture, and looking at some clothes, and looking at paint for the nursery, trying to figure out what I want to do with the room. I feel so pressured. It's only been 3 years in the making. One would think that I could have more time to plan. It's really starting to sink in because I don't have to dream anymore. I need to just do the room. But I can't make up my mind on the bed room suite. Do I want to get a bed for us to sleep in, meaning Lily and I? Or should I hold off because it will take up so much floor space with the crib and the bed. Do I want to do her room in Lily's or pink and green. Now Karen suggested yellow, so I started thinking about yellow. Thanks Aunt Karen. I'm not a decorator at all. If you have ever been to my house it looks like a man decorated with suggestions from females. That's what happened, people suggested that I do things, so I did them. Not very feminine when it comes to that. But I would like for Lily's room to be feminine. She is so cute that I want her to have a cute room. So it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I going to try to stay away from brown, although I do like it with pink. So if anyone finds a picture of a nursery that is already decorated and all I have to do is order it, e-mail it to me. Or if you have a suggestion, feel free to e-mail me that. This is really out of my league. Plus, I would like it to be the cutest nursery ever. So we are just waiting for our travel arrangements. Patiently? Not so much, my coordinator is getting calls daily from Lily's Mother wanting to know what is up. As soon as we hear anything I will post it. I'm thinking that we will hear something in about 2 weeks. Until then thanks for all the prayers that are going up for Lily. I've heard that my nephew Carson is praying for her, how sweet. I know that Kaelin, my granddaughter is. She has a picture of Lily in her photo album, points to it and says ilwee. Wonder how she will handle it when she meets her? We can't wait to finally hold that face in our hands and put smiles on it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you waited and then unloaded. I am glad you have this way to express yourself, it has to be a lot to think about and do in such a short time. You let us know what we can do to help. I know your family is just waiting for an excuse to help and get ready for Lily and I am sure there are a lot of others out there who would also love to help you guys out. Just say it and we are there.

    Aunt Sandy, Max and Zach said "it's all good, take a chill!" Don't think they know you very well do they?

    Lily, we are thinking and praying for you every day. Hope you can feel all the love we have been holding onto for you since the beginning of this whole thing. Hard to believe we love someone so much that we have never met but we do.

    Love ya
    Aunt Karen, Uncle Joe, Max & Zach

    ReplyDelete