The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Thursday, May 21, 2009

1 week and 1 day later

We have had Millie for 2 weeks and 1 day. She is so happy. She smiles all day long. She is in the process of meeting all of her new family. We still have so many people to go, but we are getting there. She has come so far so fast. Last night she slept all the way through the night for the first time since we left China. She is sleeping about 11 hours a night. Millie has 2 naps a day, and we are working on a schedule for eating. I can't believe how much that I don't know. One of the many benefits to becoming a mom after everyone else is, getting to call and ask advice from all of my friends and family. I also get all of the hand me downs to borrow for awhile. I have a house full of all of my friends and sisters must have items for babies. I remember seeing all the toys and playtime things in their house during their children's early days, and I never thought I would ever get to use them. But they are in my house and being put to very good use. I'm happy to see our daughter laughing when she sees them. Millie is working very hard at getting all of our attention. I believe she had older kids where she lived, that played with her all day long. She loves to play and make noise. It feels the house with so much excitement. Kaelin is trying to get used to her, but that will take time. Kaelin and I have always been so close that it is hard on her. But soon she will love Millie as much as she loves us. I will post some picture after the weekend so I can get Millie on her first camping trip.

1 comment:

  1. Millie is so cute she looks like a little doll. You guys must be so happy and feel so blessed after all you've been trough. Sandy you will be the best mom because you will never take anything for granted. You waited along time for motherhood and its finally happed. Adrienne and I are so happy for you guys and we can't wait to meet her. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask.

    Kelly Michels

    ReplyDelete