The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Saturday, May 9, 2009

Amelia Yi

Some of the things that people are asking about are how big sheis, and what she is able to do. Amelia felt like she weighed 20 lbs when we held her compared, but when we went to the medical examination today we found out she is only 14 1/2 pounds. She is wearing 6 to 9 month clothes and they are a little big on her. She is 25 inches long. She has been wearing size 2 diapers and they fit perfect. She doesn't like tummy time because of the walker that the Chinese people keep them in. So she doesn't crawl or sit up by herself. We are working on that. She wants to straighten out when we try go sit her up against something. So the battle begins on who is more head strong she or I. She is eating everything I get near her mouth so we are waiting for that to slow down. The couples that have been through this before tell us that it will slow down in a couple of days. Everyone that we have ran into has a story to tell about their baby. From, she has been sick and in the hospital to she is having trouble with bonding and crying all the time, to when will I bond with her. I have to say, I have a very healthy happy baby. She is bonding to us very well. She has started to cry when she can't see us, and wants to be held. I don't know if it's the change in our hotel room or if she is doing what she is supposed to do, but I'm so lucky to have her. We don't have a bad story when it comes to Amelia, and I can't believe it. I will post some picture tomorrow of this place so you can see the resort that we are staying in. We are able to get out so much more that I'm not able to get as many pictures posted as before. We are off to do dinner so I will catch up later.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, impressive weight, Jax did not weigh 13 pounds until he was over one year nor did I. It sounds like she has quickly bonded with you guys. As for the war on who is more head strong- I know who will win that one. Soon it will be Mother's Day there so:
    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!
    I am so happy for you to have your beautiful girl on this day.;)
    Lots of Love,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled Amelia is bonding and not crying, we want the best time for the three of you. A new mother you are and at a perfect time. I can say you are worthy of it over and over. Happy Mothers Day daughter.. Paul you can see your work cut out for you...two headstrong women.. Love and best wishes to all..
    Dad and Mom Willett..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, Paul and Amelia -
    Happy Mother's Day! We have been following your journey. We are thrilled that your dreams have finally come true. We can't wait to meet Amelia. And Amelia - welcome to this big, wild and crazy clan - I think you'll fit in just fine. Love, Pam and Greg R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy,

    Happy Mother's Day!!! What away to celebrate this year, with your new baby girl.


    Tom Kita & Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, it has been a long road and mostly uphill but you have made it to the top and you are a mom. Happy Mother's Day to you. I am so proud of you for sticking it out and seeing this journey through to the end. Amelia will fill all those dreams you have had and then some. Take some time to take it all in and enjoy your first Mother's Day with Amelia. How fitting for you to be going through this all on a day you usually avoid. Amelia, we will let you off this year but in the future mom likes homemade gifts especially ones you will make her, those are the best. Her birthday is coming up though and even if she acts like this is no big day she deserves gifts from you, gifts like butterfly kisses, smiles and laughter. If you get the chance to shop that will be a bonus. Look forward to seeing you guys home safe. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been following your journey and praying for a safe return. It sounds like you guys are figuring things out. I pray for healing, safety, and love. Happy Mothers Day! I am elated that I can say that to you. Be safe.

    Autumn Schnurr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy,
    I want to wish you a Happy Mother's Day. For the first time in a long time, this day will bring you happiness. It has broke my heart to see you so sad over the years. But this time you can smile. Amelia will not know this year that today is special. But there will be a moment today where she smiles or laughs extra special, and looks at you in a certain way. You will know what she is saying to you. (Happy Mother's Day Mommy- I love YOU). Have a good day, our thoughts will be with you. I love you, Have a special day today.

    Love,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy and Paul,

    It has been very hard to find the words to say. I am so happy that Amelia is finally in your life and you are in hers. She has been blessed with a great mommy and daddy. I am so proud to call you both family (my sister and brother) I can't wait to meet Amelia give her a big hug, she is already so special to me. I can't wait to help spoil her and Reese together. Come home soon and remember we will always be here for you.
    Sandy,
    Hope you have a great mothers day. You deserve to have a day all about you and Amelia.

    Love you all,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Mother's Day Sandy!!!

    You're on count down now.

    Hang in there. I think we ate at Lucy's every meal but one! :)

    Chuck, Lorie and Crew.

    ReplyDelete