The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY and GRANDMOTHER'S DAY!!!








I'M BOTH NOW!!!!
Paul and I want to wish our Mothers a very happy Mother's Day!!!!

We wish we were there to wish you one in person. There are a few things that I want to say to my mom and since this blog is about becoming a mother and father I thought it would be nice for everyone to read it.

Mom, you have been my biggest cheerleader my whole life. You have inspired me to follow my dreams. You have seen me through some very rough times, and I want you to know that I'm very blessed. But the biggest thank you that I can give to you for all you have done for me, is for introducing me to Jesus, making sure that I had faith in my life. I really don't think that I could have made the decisions that I have without God in my heart leading me, and he has. I remember all the nights as a little girl when I would wake you up and tell you that I couldn't sleep because one of my friends were mad at me, or one of my bad dreams scared me, yes even then I worried about everything, and you would tell me to pray and God would take care of it. That is the only thing that has helped me sleep at night. And God is helping me figure things out. Thank you for teaching me to love and cherish all of God's children. I hope that I can do the same for Amelia. I'm having Mother's Day with my daughter for the first time, and it's been amazing. She is ours because of you and Joyce. With help from Dad and Jim, I haven't forgot everything you all have done this is just a tribute to the Mom's.

Joyce, you have welcomed me in your family with open arms. You have made me feel like a part of it. I know you weren't sure about me with Shawn and Derrick at first. You helped me become a better mother to them. As a grandmother, I understand how difficult it must have been to watch me make mistakes and keep your mouth shut. I don't know that I will be able to do that. We are so much alike in so many ways. We cry together because we are so emotional. We are very vocal in our opinions. But it works for us. We know where we stands with one another. You have raised a wonderful son, who has given me so much love and wisdom. He is my sole mate. I want you to know that I have always loved him, but even I have been taken back with the way he has been in China. I have even more respect for him then I did before this trip.

Thanks to our mom's for making us the people we are today.

Happy Mother's Day to my sister's and my friends, you have been so wonderful in helping my dream of being a mother come true.

Here are pictures of Guangzhou and of course Amelia.

Love to all



5 comments:

  1. Hey Mom... This is the first time for the real mom thing for you.. Shawn and Derrick were trial runs for you.
    Thank you for the Mothers Day tribute I appreciate every thing you feel. Only thing I have to say extra is this baby girl probably won't date until she is 17 Huh! Sandy I love you and want the best for you, you deserve some good things in your life. Paul, Derrick, Shawn, Amelia, and Kaelin are perfect examples. There are more to come. Joyce and I have a lot in common, we as mothers are emotional, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Love and best wishes on Mothers day to you.. See you Wednesday Mom and Dad Willett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, Happy Mothers Day!!!!!!
    It feels good to write that to you!!!!!!I am getting ready to go to church and I thought I would take a peek at your blog on this beautiful Mothers day!!!!! Amelia is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen!!!!! Well I had better include Kailen and Whitney Reese and all our other blessings!!!! I know what I have told you before, that I had taken all my pregnacies for granted. I look at you and I am so proud inside for the hard work and all the sacrafices you have made to be a Mom. I dont know if I would have had that much fight in me.I know that one day Amelia will grow up and say I am the luckiest girl in the world to have a Mom and Dad like you!!!! You are the best sisterinlaw I could ever have or I have had!! I know you will always have my back just like I will always have yours!!! Love You All,

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can already tell my the pictures Paul is spoiling her and going to make her rotten!!!! She is really going to look good in that UK blue---come football season.

    Your almost home......

    Kita, Tom & Fam
    GO CATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day! You deserve to be a mother. You are a very vocal person and I love you for that. At least I know your not talking behind my back. You are compassionate, loving, caring, determined, and very deserving. I want only the best for you and your family. Congrats in everything you have done, are doing, and will do. I can't wait to welcome the Raisor Family home. Take care and I will see you soon. All Kiersten can talk about is babysitting.
    love ya
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy ...
    HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
    im so happy for you.
    love sally

    ReplyDelete