The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Great Wall!!





























We did it, we went on our tours today starting at 9:30 am and made it back to the hotel by 6:00pm. We went to the Great Wall and the Summer Palace. It is beautiful here. The Great Wall should be seen in person, the pictures aren't enough. The Summer Palace was beautiful so I will throw some of those in. We also went out to eat with our representative and she ordered for us. Finally some great food. We just haven't been able to order much of anything because of the language barrier. I promised that I would not go on and on about food like some do, but I was getting pretty hungry. We also did some shopping for the first time at the store inside the restaurant. They had the real Jade. I bought some gifts for Lily, I'm so excited. You just wouldn't believe the Chinese people that want my picture taken with them. It's very odd. The other couple that's with us has an 8 year old boy and they like to get his picture and stare at him, but they also like me. I seriously think it's the hair. They will shove Paul out of the way to get him out of the picture. It's crazy. So I'm going to post one of the pictures that we took of them with me. It is strange to be a foreigner, although I have experienced that in Germany, just not quite as bad. Chinese people all have dark hair and eyes, German people didn't. I think that this is my chance to see how Lily will feel when she comes home with us. So I'm embracing it.

4 comments:

  1. The pictures are GREAT! Keep posting as often as you can. I am loving the details! I think the China women are in love with you. Maybe its the hair or those crazy sunglasses? Lets just face it- they probably think you are beautiful! I would go right along with it just like you are. It will give you something to laugh about and remember from China. See you soon. Just so you know, the Derby has managed to go on without you. Its a rainy derby day here at home. Have a good night sleep. Only two more nights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been talking to Karen and updating her on the phone while she is camping. She wants you to know that she is thinking of you. I told her I would let you know that she is not able to get online to check the blog, but is looking forward to reading everything when she gets home. Her thoughts are with you guys just the same as our thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, the celebrity!
    Thinking of you guys a lot.
    Derby or Oaks next year.

    Love ya,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Hair.... The pictures are great, maybe Paul has his own fans and you don't know it. I hope you are enjoying this time,as just around the corner your time will be filled with a new distraction... Lily Love and Prayers...Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete