The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Friday, May 15, 2009

Home



We are home at last. After a long trip that Amelia only slept for about 4 hours over 28 hours, we are settling in. Amelia seems to like the her new home. She and we are having some jet lag problems. Getting her back on schedule has been a challenge, going okay considering she is 12 hours off from her normal routine. Millie sleeps about 6 hours and then she is ready to go. But we are working on it and it will be back to normal soon, I hope. We went to the Pediatrician yesterday and that was traumatic for all of us. She had to get blood drawn and it was terrible. Now since it wasn't successful we have to go to Kosiar's to have it done again. She is starting to play with toys more than she did the first couple of days we had her. She likes food more than her bottle. And she smiles all the time. No tears until bedtime. We cannot go in public without everyone stopping us to look at her. She laughs and smiles for everyone and then it takes for ever to get anything done. I'm discussing with her that she has to tame it down just a tiny bit for mama, but she doesn't agree. But I love it and so does she.






My family and friends meet us at the airport for a very emotional welcome. Thanks to everyone and child that stayed up way past their bedtime to see Amelia. It was so good to see everyone there waiting for us. That moment was very intense for us. I couldn't believe we made it home and then everyone was there. She will hear about all of you that have made our wait and time in China well worth it. Amelia is the lucky one, for all of your support and prayers have lead us home to you. I will not let any of you down when it comes to being her Mother. She has our hearts and my life will never be the same. I know that I have posted on this blog, and with the help of my sister created it, but I have said it before and I feel like it needs to be said again. All of your comments and support have made it more than I could have ever dreamed it would have been. I love that all of you have taken the time to write us and Amelia. It will be so nice for her to get to read it when she is mature and can understand what happened on May 6Th 2009. She came into all of our lives through Lily. Which brings me to make sure that all of you know that I'm keeping in contact with our Adoption Agency to follow up on Lily. She is being evaluated and treated for her problems, and then the decision will be made on what kind of treatment she will receive to try to get her on the special needs list. And to be adopted. I'm trying to stay on top of it as much as FTIA will let me. They keep telling me that she will be taken very good care of. I just have to have faith that she is in good hands.






So I will keep updates for the next couple of months so everyone that has follow the blog and our journey to meet Amelia, can she how much she will change over just a few months. She has changed so much already.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like Millie is enjoying herself and adjusting well. Cannot wait to spend time with her and really get to know the newest member of our family.
    WELCOME HOME AMELIA!!!!!!

    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Millie,

    Welcome home sweet girl! This day has been a long time coming and we are so happy to have you in our lives and family. I was so happy to see you at the airport and see the joy you brought to your mommy and baba's eyes. You are amazing!! Carson is already saying Reese and Amelia are the prettiest girls in the whole wide world. I can't wait to help spoil you,( as long as that is okay with mommy and baba of course.)
    I Love you!!
    Uncle Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep blogging, we're still reading!!!

    Lorie

    ReplyDelete