The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Monday, May 11, 2009

Amelia in China







Our time in China has been emotional on both sides. It coming to an end and we are looking forward to getting home. Today we decided to skip the touring and just have a down day. I had to go to the U.S. Consulate to get some papers notarized to complete out adoption tomorrow. Once we go back to the U.S. Consulate tomorrow we are finished with paper work and Millie is coming home with us. We went to the Pearl factory yesterday and to a shop where the Jade that they sell is grade A. There have been some problems with fake look alike stones just like in America, so that's why it's so important for us to go where they sell the real stone. The pearls where beautiful and the jade is so heavy. We are told that the real jade lets off radiation that promotes good health and the bad does the opposite. So I did buy the good quality. Today we have been walking and just hanging out with Amelia. She did have a rough day yesterday, the first one so far. Some crying and very sleepy. She is cutting teeth so I think that's the reason for the runny nose. But she may have been just having her day. Like I said, every baby here goes through it. They mourn in their own way. Millie may have come to realize that we aren't going anywhere and she isn't either. She went to bed at 7:30pm last night and woke up a new baby. She knows us now and cries when she can't see us, which makes me feel good, but sorry for her. I told Paul she probably thinks we are leaving her for good as she watches us leave. Paul told me tonight as he listened to other families talk about how hard of a time their child is having, everybody is having problems but us. I think we are doing good, but it's not over, she still has to come home and get settled in at our house all over again. Poor Amelia, so many changes for she a small baby. Here is a picture of Candy and Kevin's baby Ava, some of Amelia and I at Lucy's and the hotel.

4 comments:

  1. hey sandy i was wondering are yall still coming home on the 13th ?? this is the first real blog talking about yalls coming home so it got me wondering :]

    i miss yall!!
    love, sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy,
    You look so happy with that baby in your arms. I have not seen your eyes lit up like that in a very long time. You guys are really lucky to have such a laid back baby. Let's hope she's like that on the trip home.
    Hope you enjoyed your mother's day. Mine ended with Jackson vomiting all over the kitchen.
    See ya soon,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia, Sandy and Paul,
    HURRY UP!!! We are all getting a bit anxious to see all of you - home safe and sound. I know you all are anxious to get home too and we will all be waiting with open arms to welcome you back. I know you all will be worn out when you get back so I just want to remind you that Karen and I (Amelia's favorite Aunt and Uncle) have first dibs on babysitting!!
    Take care, be safe, rest up if you can and we will see you in a couple of days.
    Love you all,
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soon we'll be counting down the hours. I can't wait! The smile on your face with Amelia is priceless. I hope she adjust to the plane ride home. I'm sure she'll get plenty of entertainment, especially from her mommy and daddy. I hope to see you all soon. Just wanted to say hi and I will see you soon.
    love ya
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete