The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Sunday, May 3, 2009

We are in Nanchang











We left Beijing this morning around 11:00am, and had about a 2 hour flight. We are now in Nanchang. I guess what we would call the State where Lily lives. This is mainly farm land on the outskirts of town. The people work in rice fields in the summer and grow some fruit in the spring and fall. The difference in Nanchang and Beijing is huge. I thought that the driving in Beijing was bad and then we had to ride here. It's rough on the streets. They are so populated that it's dog eat dog. A 2 lane road with lines turns into 4 with the crazy driving. It's very stressful to walk and drive. You just might get hit by a bike rider if your don't watch out where you are walking. The Chinese people don't believe in lines for the bathroom, luggage, or anything for that matter, they just shove and push to get where they want to go. You must stand in front of the door of the stall that you are going to use. We have found that there is no road rage here. People just honk and push and no one gets upset. It's very different than what we are used to, but I we are adjusting. Lily will be leaving her home tomorrow morning around 6:30 or 7:00am. She will arrive at our hotel around 11:30am. It's a 4 hour train ride for her to come here. She will be so stressed. Leaving her surrounding with a complete stranger and then to us. I've been told that we won't meet her foster mother because of the emotions that she will have. She may associate us with her loss. I have been very emotional today knowing what she is about to go through. It going to be so scary. Our new representative told us that the ride to go back to her home province is very long. Four hours there and four hours back. The other couple we are with has decided that they aren't going to go. I'm still undecided on what to do. I want pictures of her home town and the hospital she was abandoned in front of, but I'm wondering if she will be up for the trip. We are going to try to make her as comfortable as possible so why would I do that to her plus the long trip back to the states. I guess we will decide after we see how she does. So I took some pictures of the hotel, they have prepared our room for Lily. It's hard to look at the crib now empty, but after today it will have her in it. I can't believe it's so close. We are very excited for her to come but sad that she has to leave everything she has known and loved. I can't really explain how I feel so I will leave it at that. By the time we get home I hope she loves us. It helps that Candy and Kevin are here with us. I look into her eyes and see the same feelings that I'm having. I hope to be able to post tomorrow or at least put up some photo's. We are finally going to meet our baby girl. Please keep Lily in your prayers. Love you all for all of your support. The comments are so refreshing. It's like God is speaking to us through your words, telling me everything is going to be okay.

6 comments:

  1. OK,you've made me cry (again!) WOW, can't even imagine what it's like for you guys. Thanks for all the updates. You must post pictures tomorrow. PLEASE!
    Love,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is going to be okay. I know you are having tons of emotions right now. You are so close to holding her for the first time. That will be the most awesome feeling. There is no doubt that she will be scared at first, but she will feel the love that you all have for her. She is meeting her forever family, she will no longer have to go through so many changes. Her life will be complete now. She will not understand what is happening, but there is no doubt that she will know you all are special people in her life. Hang in there, it is a roller coaster of thoughts and emotions. Be sure to use your support system and do no be afraid to talk about how you feel! You will all get through this tough time and you will have a very happy life together. It will be everything you have been dreaming about. We cannot wait to meet her. Carson is counting the days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing how many emotions are flowing is sad,but also on that note are the happy thoughts that Lily will remember only the time she has with her new Parents.. My heart goes out to the Foster parents. Try not to get used to the driving conditions there, Ican just see you driving on the expressway and honking to get by the person in front of you. There ars so many friends praying and wanting to see the new family here you cannot believe the questions I can't answer. Give her all the love you can, and be patient she will respond to you as soon as she can. We miss you and want to see her soon. Love you all.. Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the time you get to read this you will be close to becoming a mom and dad to Lily. You are such strong people to be doing this I am amazed. I am so emotional thinking about all that you guys and little Lily are going to be going through I cannot even imagine how you are feeling. I have been away and not able to post but I am caught up now and am waiting anxiously. Thinking and praying for all of you.

    Sandy, after you have embraced Lily for the first time could you please give that sweet face a kiss from her Aunt Karen and tell her I said welcome to the family?

    All those ups and downs have led you here, remember that when you get to the next tough spot, this too will pass and you will make it through.
    Love ya,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. FYI wanted you to check RQ on travel home in case the flu gets out of hand. She is advising a few things for the travel home. Check it out. Did not know if you were keeping up with it now that you are busy.

    Be safe and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy and Paul:
    ive been talking to everyone i see about my sister-in-law lily. im so excited to see her everytime i read what you write it feels closer to the time we all will get to see her. im so happy for yall. and lilys room is beautiful she will love it. i hope yall are adjusting well. shawn and i miss yall very much.
    keeping all of you in my prayers.
    -sally.

    ReplyDelete