The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Friday, May 1, 2009

Today

We are going to the Great Wall and Summer Palace today. Yesterday was a lot of walking and I think today is going to be more. We had a great time at the Olympic park, this is a holiday week for the Chinese and Beijing is packed. We are getting people that want their picture taken with us because we are foreigners. Seems weird to have your picture taken with a perfect stranger but we are going with it. Our tour guide says this might be the first time they have ever seen an American. Wow. Just to let you all know we have managed to fry my flat iron, and as much as I have looked for a new one, they are scarce. Then I started thinking that the Chinese probably don't have to straighten their hair very often. So my hair really is getting wild. Sorry Lily all of our pictures are going to be of me looking like the 80's... Glasses are not an option at this point. I have to wear them. I'll try to post tonight when we get back from the Great Wall. I had some news on Lily. We won't be getting to meet her until Monday, not sure why but thats what our representative said yesterday. One more day without her.

3 comments:

  1. Only one more day, honey you can make it. We want the best for the whole family. A lifetime awaits you...Lily will be so happy when she arrives in your lives. Try to enjoy the sights and the rest will happen naturally. We love all of you. Hurry on 13th..Love Mom and Dad Willett...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you were disappointed to hear that it would be one more day. But, you are in China- so close to her! It is getting ready to be official. You have waited 3 years- its only one more day!!!!! Enjoy being a foreigner in China while you have the opportunity. Enjoy the sights and have a good trip. We love you and are thinking of you guys all the time!

    Jill, Rob, Carson and Reese

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is one more day when you have waited over 3 years? HELLO! Sit tight and enjoy the sights.
    Can't wait to greet your daughter back in the USA!

    Love y'all,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete