The Raisor Family

Time for Beijing China

Do not be afraid for I am with you.

I will bring your children from the East

and gather you from the West."

~God (Isaiah 43:5)


Friday, May 8, 2009

Guangzhou

We left Amelia's Province today to go to our final stop, Guangzhou. The flight went well with Millie. She took time to go to the bathroom for the first time. Which was very strong to smell, if you know what I mean. She also proceeded to squeal for about half the flight which only made all of the Chinese women laugh and touch her all the more than they already do. But Guangzhou is beautiful, so much different than Jiangxi. It is more for the tourist attractions, and that's fine by me. We didn't get out of the hotel much in her Province except to Walmart and the park. There just wasn't much to do. Not that I felt up to much, but knowing there was something to do is better than nothing at all. When we went out on the streets in Jiangxi the women would follow me around and tell me to cover up Millie. They would not leave it alone. One lady tried to take her out of the stroller and when she noticed that she was strapped in I think she started to yell at me. They would rub my arms if I had on short sleeves and shake their heads no. They do not wear short sleeves or shorts until dead summer. It was quite interesting to watch them tell me how to take care of Millie. She would start her charming little personality and smile and laugh at them and then they would not leave her alone. So when we got to Guangzhou I expected the same but most of the people here are adopting just like us. The place we went to for dinner was american food. Lucy's was by the river, so beautiful and nice, I almost felt like I was back in the states. Candy, our friends that have traveled with us, and I are ready to come home. She and I have the look in our eyes, we are tired and want to have fimilar surroundings again. But we are trying to embrace this time for our daughters. Ava, her daughter is so cute, she is 2 and loves her mommy. Millie likes to scream at her but Ava doesn't seem to care for it. So when we left Lucy's Paul was holding Millie on his way back to the hotel while I stopped to get water for bottles. About 10 minutes after I thought he already left, I walked out of the store and found women all around him with Millie in their arms. They had taken her from him and Paul said, I didn't know what to do. They wanted to hold her. He's a sucker for the Asian women. So I think we are going to enjoy this part of the trip. We are almost there at the end. Then we get to come home. I need some rest so I will catch you up later.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that you are on your final leg of the trip. I know you are homesick. You are just like your Dad who also does not like to travel or be away from home. You will be back home soon... with your daughter. That will be an awesome feeling to have your baby girl at home with you. You have waited so long for this moment, and I am so happy it will finally be here for you. Good luck on that long flight home with a squealer! We are all here waiting to meet her. You have so much love and support at home, we will help you in any way we can.

    Love you,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a long trip and I cannot wait to have you back in the same time zone. This whole 12 hour difference is wearing me down. We will be waiting with open arms to welcome everyone home. I am not sure you guys are ready for all the people who want to meet your new daughter, it is quite a list of people who have been following your dramatic journey. Amelia is quite the star back here at home. I myself am showing her cute little face off to everyone that will look. You know we are here to help and lend support. You will be very tired the next couple of months, do not hesitate to call and ask for help that is what we are for, lean on us. Hurry up and get home soon. Karen

    Amelia, call Aunt Karen and Uncle Joe when you want to leave town again, pretty sure mom is not going anywhere anytime soon. That is ok you can vacation with us, Max and Zach need a little sister to bother them. Love you,
    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete